What's new
What's new

Esprit Cam, a review

A modern b axis multitasking millturn machine can have literally hundreds of mcodes to control advanced machine functions most of which have nothing to do with toolpaths.
Which makes up like 2% of the machines out there.

And by the way, go ahead and list all these hundreds of m-codes.

This is just stupid crap.

empower said:
It is impossible because companies won't do it
You need a short session with a dictionary.

no, i fucking dont. nobody gives a flying fuck wether its technically possible/feasible. it may or may not be, the important fact is that it wont happen because there is ZERO reason for anyone to tackle this task, you seem to be the only one crying for it, god knows for what reason... really sounding like a broken record. NOBODY CARES to hear you cry about this anymore.

NOBODY CARES to hear you cry about this anymore.
And you can shove it up your fucking ignorant ass with your stupid "Impossible !" claims. If you just close your idiot ass, then I don't have to explain that no this is NOT by any stretch of the imagination impossible. It's been done. Many times, in many places, including cadcam systems and controls.

When you get your God License, then post it. Otherwise, keep our instructions to yourself.

And you can shove it up your fucking ignorant ass with your stupid "Impossible !" claims. If you just close your idiot ass, then I don't have to explain that no this is NOT by any stretch of the imagination impossible. It's been done. Many times, in many places, including cadcam systems and controls.

When you get your God License, then post it. Otherwise, keep our instructions to yourself.
keep your crying up, hope it makes you sleep better at night, knowing that your cries are going out into the void with nobody to listen to them, or give a flying fuck about them.

Yeah sure, you going to pay me for that time? Do your own fucking homework.

You are completely ignorant about all of this, and yet somehow feel entitled to an opinion.

The reasoning I presented to you is sound, and it matters not one iota to me if you don't like it.

Yeah sure, you going to pay me for that time? Do your own fucking homework.

You are completely ignorant about all of this, and yet somehow feel entitled to an opinion.

The reasoning I presented to you is sound, and it matters not one iota to me if you don't like it.
he's the perfect epitome of old man yelling at cloud. it doesnt even fucking matter if what he's saying is technically possible or impossible. it simply wont happen because there is ZERO incentive for anyone to tackle this monumental task.
absolutely asinine.

In other words, out of the "hundreds of m-codes" that are too complex and advanced for standardized input, you can't come up with one.

That's what I thought, nothing but flatulence.
I get that you're bored, but if you have so much time on your hands why don't you go and actually research some of this instead of just mouthing off about it?

I get that you're bored, but if you have so much time on your hands why don't you go and actually research some of this instead of just mouthing off about it?
Because I am not the one running off at the mouth. I have pulled up documents from international standards bodies and examples of how it actually works and has worked and how comparable situations have been handled and commonly do work in other computing fields.

In fact, there are aftermarket post processor suppliers who basically do all this for an extra fee. Austin GPost works with NX, Catia, Pro/E, Surfcam -- in their words "Provides a common postprocessor for users with multiple CAD/CAM systems."

Intellipost does the same, and there's another one or two I've forgotten.

In other words, people already do "the impossible".

All you have in return is "there's hundreds of m codes that can't be dealt with". So where are they ? how about a few ?

You got nothin'.

Beyond that, how much of machining is done on 9 axis strangeosities and how much on standard ol' lathes and 3 or 4 or even 5 axis mills ? BCL has worked with those for decades. There ain't shit that's new in those fields.

You're full of hooey.

Because I am not the one running off at the mouth. I have pulled up documents from international standards bodies and examples of how it actually works and has worked and how comparable situations have been handled and commonly do work in other computing fields.

In fact, there are aftermarket post processor suppliers who basically do all this for an extra fee. Austin GPost works with NX, Catia, Pro/E, Surfcam -- in their words "Provides a common postprocessor for users with multiple CAD/CAM systems."

Intellipost does the same, and there's another one or two I've forgotten.

In other words, people already do "the impossible".

All you have in return is "there's hundreds of m codes that can't be dealt with". So where are they ? how about a few ?

You got nothin'.

Beyond that, how much of machining is done on 9 axis strangeosities and how much on standard ol' lathes and 3 or 4 or even 5 axis mills ? BCL has worked with those for decades. There ain't shit that's new in those fields.

You're full of hooey.

Both of your examples are simple CL/APT processors like I said before.

How would either handle something as basic a subspindle transfer from the cam program?

Short answer, they can't, because the cam software doesn't output that data outside of it's own post system.

Short answer, they can't, because the cam software doesn't output that data outside of it's own post system.
bzzzzt, wrong.

first off, it's trivial to add that to a common output format, if it doesn't already exist. I don't have the standard, but it's definitely not impossible or even difficult.

More to the point, gpost and others already handle that, accepting input from at least five of the top ten cadcam systems that I know of.

I'll even go out on a limb here and speculate that it's in the standard because BCL was used in FMS'es, which do much more complicated functions than that. But I'd have to check and see on that one.

So it's not only possible, it's already being done.

You keep saying "impossible" but people have been flying for over a hundred years. Get outta the dark ages, grampa. It's not impossible. It's not even difficult.

Whether cadcam companies will do that is another situation entirely but the possibility is beneath simple. True, they are already so used to fucking their customers successfully that why should they change?

Did you know the vaunted NX uses half of tickletock (the tock part) for their output mathematics ? That was a shocker. Why not visual basic ? :D

Last edited:
bzzzzt, wrong.

first off, it's trivial to add that to a common output format, if it doesn't already exist. I don't have the standard, but it's definitely not impossible or even difficult.

More to the point, gpost and others already handle that, accepting input from at least five of the top ten cadcam systems that I know of.

I'll even go out on a limb here and speculate that it's in the standard because BCL was used in FMS'es, which do much more complicated functions than that. But I'd have to check and see on that one.

You keep saying "impossible" but people have been flying for over a hundred years. Get outta the dark ages, grampa. It's not impossible. It's not even difficult.

Whether cadcam companies will do that is another situation entirely but the possibility is beneath simple. True, they are already so used to fucking their customers successfully that why should they change?

Did you know the vaunted NX uses half of tickletock (the tock part) for their output mathematics ? That was a shocker. Why not visual basic ? :D
you're right, you're a god among men, we're all wrong. can we move the fuck on already? jesus fuck you're like a rabid dog with a bone, fucking let go of it already.

edit: if its already being done, then why the fuck are you still here bitching and moaning, and not using it?

bzzzzt, wrong.

Your ability for mental gymnastics really is on another level. You'd do well in the White House, why don't enquire about a position there? That would tie up some of your spare time.

First, you'll need to show me some proof of gpost actually doing this, otherwise I don't buy it. APT doesn't have explicit vocabulary for things beyond very basic machine control, so there is no means of moving that data from CAM > APT > machine without stripping data.

To my eyes, GPost is a workaround that will involve manual intervention before it goes to the machine. I'll welcome anyone who actually uses it to correct me on that.

Second, I have never said "impossible", I have said it doesn't currently exist. And extending that, there is no reason or incentive for it to exist.

Your ability for mental gymnastics really is on another level. You'd do well in the White House, why don't enquire about a position there? That would tie up some of your spare time.

First, you'll need to show me some proof of gpost actually doing this, otherwise I don't buy it. APT doesn't have explicit vocabulary for things beyond very basic machine control, so there is no means of moving that data from CAM > APT > machine without stripping data.

To my eyes, GPost is a workaround that will involve manual intervention before it goes to the machine. I'll welcome anyone who actually uses it to correct me on that.

Second, I have never said "impossible", I have said it doesn't currently exist. And extending that, there is no reason or incentive for it to exist.
you're wasting your time, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with his experience in mental gymnastics like you put it... lol

FWIW my machine has 500 or so M-codes, and about the same in G-codes a lot of both are machine specific. This is a valid point.

Attachments

• 1710876334484.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 13

Back