What's new
What's new

Fanuc Beginner Questions Kitamura Sonic Mill 3X with 15M Control

8000 programs are macros. Sometimes these also control the ATC)
9000 programs are internal custom programs. (Usually M-code, etc.. )
In order to download they both need to be enabled to display on your control. There are several Fanuc experts that can show which Fanuc 15MA parameters need to be on for that.
Ok that makes sense. Hopefully someone can chime in on what I'm doing wrong. I've been fighting with this control all day . I called Fanuc about a manual and apparently I have to fill out paperwork to start an account just to get a quote for it. According to the memex backup instructions I should:
Press “LEFT ARROW’ soft key twice.​
Press soft key “PROGRAM”.​
Press “RIGHT ARROW” soft key twice.​
Press “PUNCH” soft key.​
Press “ALL” soft key.​

When I do this there is no option to select PUNCH. The only option for PUNCH when cycling through pressing PROGRAM is the DIRECTORY(FLOPPY) page and if I do a PUNCH then ALL nothing outputs over RS232. I am not seeing any 8000 or 9000 programs in a directory anywhere. Should I be in MDI mode or something else? Should I be able to see the programs listed somewhere? Is it possible my machine didn't come with these programs? Hopefully they haven't been deleted. Per the instructions I have set parameter 8000 bit 0 to 1 and parameter 0011 bit 0 to 0 and parameter 2201 bit 0 to 0 as well.

I finally figured out how to get a prompt to PUNCH out ALL programs. The handle selector has to be in EDIT mode. There was a program on the machine from the previous owner and I created two others. I was able to punch out all three programs to my laptop over the serial port but no luck getting 8000 or 9000 programs or even seeing them in a directory anywhere.

8000 programs are macros. Sometimes these also control the ATC)
9000 programs are internal custom programs. (Usually M-code, etc.. )
In order to download they both need to be enabled to display on your control. There are several Fanuc experts that can show which Fanuc 15MA parameters need to be on for that.
I bought a 15MA user manual and maintenance manual and am waiting for it to get here. In the meantime I found a copy of the 15-MB parameter manual says bit 0 of parameters 0011 and 2201 to 0 to unprotect the 8000 and 9000 programs, which is also what the memory backup instructions I shared say. I tried rebooting the machine and every combination of E-Stop on/off and data edit key data lock/data write and still no luck.

8000 and 9000 programs aren't anything "special" other than some of the 9000 series codes can be assigned to G or M codes. Other than that, you can lock them out from being edited.

However, I don't think locking them will hide them. If you don't see them, then they aren't there.

There might be 8000 and 9000 series programs that you need, or maybe not. Kitamura is usually pretty helpful over the phone, and if there are any programs you need, they ought to have them.

I would also say that any special programs that our kitamuras have ever had were written out in the manuals. The terribly written manuals...

The terribly written manuals...

I have the manuals for my '89 1X and my 2003 5X Kits and they really are terrible. Like they meant well, but they just mixed everything all up. No table of contents. Only way to find what you need is to start speed reading 500 pages every time you need something.

I have the manuals for my '89 1X and my 2003 5X Kits and they really are terrible. Like they meant well, but they just mixed everything all up. No table of contents. Only way to find what you need is to start speed reading 500 pages every time you need something.
Our newest is a 2006 hx400if and they didn't fix their manuals in those 3 years either.

The parts manual is decent. Ladder and electrical too. Everything else is terrible.

Back