What's new
What's new

Hardinge HLV-H 220v motor RPC and VFD questions

That is not a Hardinge, it’s a clone. Does it use the same 2 speed motor as Hardinge? I ask because my clone (a Sharp) does not use the 2 speed motor, and handles the speed change a different way.

I show the inside of the electrical box and it is a 2 speed motor I don't know how yours goes from low to high without a 2 speed motor

I show the inside of the electrical box and it is a 2 speed motor I don't know how yours goes from low to high without a 2 speed motor
Mine runs natively on a VFD and has all switches for logic inputs where the high/low switch normally goes. The motor is upside enough that it still has torque at lower RPM. I think it’s an early 2000’s clone, but don’t have a date.
I wonder if your VFD is just large enough to handle the surges from switching?

If I could I would do the right thing and get a rfc they are only 1000? Well only is alot to me I had to find a cheaper way and fortunately it worked out for me I run it every day from 3000rpm to 60rpm never skips a beat but I do keep an eye on motor temp and check contacts regularly but never replaced anything yet

Is that the brand of VFDs that likes to start fires, or a different one?
It certainly seems to have solved your issue, I’m just curious what risk is entailed.

I have no idea, if it is I must've gotten lucky with mine because I'm very happy with it I didn't think it would last a year let alone 2

Back