What's new
What's new

Installing Windows OS on P200 controls

Edster

Diamond
I recently had a bar feed interface installed on my 2008 Okuma Captain lathe with P200 control. This required the install of new OSP software, which is no problem. It also required the install of a new version of Windows XP. To install Windows XP from the DVD the tech needed an external USB DVD drive with an external power source. Of course he didn't have one and we had to wait till the next day to finish the software install. I wanted to buy an external drive but I'm having a hard time finding one that is not USB powered.

So is it necessary to have a USB DVD drive with external power?

What about creating a bootable ISO image of the Windows XP DVD on a USB flash drive with a bootable primary partition? If this would work no DVD drive would be needed.

What do you guys think?

I recently had a bar feed interface installed on my 2008 Okuma Captain lathe with P200 control. This required the install of new OSP software, which is no problem. It also required the install of a new version of Windows XP. To install Windows XP from the DVD the tech needed an external USB DVD drive with an external power source. Of course he didn't have one and we had to wait till the next day to finish the software install. I wanted to buy an external drive but I'm having a hard time finding one that is not USB powered.

So is it necessary to have a USB DVD drive with external power?

What about creating a bootable ISO image of the Windows XP DVD on a USB flash drive with a bootable primary partition? If this would work no DVD drive would be needed.

What do you guys think?
been a while on this.. if you remember, what did the interface take to install, was it a big job and how expensive? thank you hope it all worked out

Back