What's new
What's new

Schaublin 53

Marc

Aluminum
Hi list,

I'm finishing up on repainting a Schaublin 53 that I bought in excellent condition.

It came with the manual and exploded views of all parts, scanning is possible if anyone is interested.

Anybody have any experience with this mill ?
Also an estimate of its age would be welcome.
If you want to see it go to :
http://www.schaublin-lathe.co.uk/SV53.html

regards

Marc

I will admit total ignorance to the machines capabilities. But sufice to say it reminds me to some degree of a Cicinatti we have at work with a powered over arm. The width of the y axis ways looks very impersive. Should be able to do some heavy duty work IMO

Hi list,

I'm finishing up on repainting a Schaublin 53 that I bought in excellent condition.

It came with the manual and exploded views of all parts, scanning is possible if anyone is interested.

Anybody have any experience with this mill ?
Also an estimate of its age would be welcome.
If you want to see it go to :
http://www.schaublin-lathe.co.uk/SV53.html

regards

Marc
Hi Marc, here I am following up 19 years later (!!) but wonder if you can help me with the specs / exploded view of the drive bevel gear on the machine that mates with the dog clutch type of drive in the HI-Speed head (and presumably the standard head as well ). I can't find any info or drawings of this face coupling (straight cut bevel gear?). I don't have a 53 so want to mount my very nice Hi Speed head on a different milling machine and drive it from an SK40 chuck...Kind regards, Adam

Like those 53’s.
Interesting concept, but man lookout if you think a Deckel could be noisy, there are like 3 times the gears ( lots of bevel sets) in those Schaublin 53’s, huge potential for a “rattler”
Cheers Ross

Hi Marc, here I am following up 19 years later (!!)
Adam, first off, apologies for derailing this thread. So let me try to make up for that...

Marc's most recent PM post was in 2006 (click on his name, then click on the number just below "posts", in this case 67, and you'll see that). So you might be better off starting a new thread, rather than addressing the question to Marc.

Cheers,
Bruce

OK here is Marc from the PM post :-)

A bit late I guess but here is a link to the Schaublin 53 manual.
I have made a combination of the original German manual that came with my machine and the French (newer) version which you can find online. The French version online is complete out of sequence so I have cleaned it up.
Hope it can be of use.

Marc

Back