What's new
What's new

Standard/Full Keypad Setting on Fanuc OM-C

Hi i got it off ebay i paid $100 with shipping from China. They want $260 now, i contacted them and asked if i could by another one at the same price, she said yes so i put my offer in. I will ask her if she can sell another one for you 13engines at the same price if you want?

Hi i got it off ebay i paid $100 with shipping from China. They want $260 now, i contacted them and asked if i could by another one at the same price, she said yes so i put my offer in. I will ask her if she can sell another one for you 13engines at the same price if you want?
If it's a mill version, sure thing. PM me if you get the go ahead. Thanks.

Reactions: twr
Is it a copy of a Fanuc keypad or genuine? I never saw that style on a 0 equipped machine just the membrane style. That said, the shop I retired from had few 0 controls. Most everything we bought was either standard with a 16/18 control or optioned up to that level.

Hi i will ask her, it will be the same as mine with red white blue buttons and one green. Damm that felt good to say!! As far as i know mills and lathe use the same pads but the button colours were different. I have seen mills with white and grey buttons and then i have seen mills with red white blue and green buttons same for lathes, maybe someone replace the org but i have seen mills and lathes both ways.

Last edited:
Hi Kevin, its for a fanuc but made in china, they finally realized the membranes suck and this is a aftermarket update. I think it should out last a membrane.

Last edited:
Hi 13 engines i sent her a message about selling you one for $100 i will let you know what she says. If that does work i found another seller on ebay for $130 i will send you a link to.

Hi 13 engines i sent her a message about selling you one for $100 i will let you know what she says. If that does work i found another seller on ebay for $130 i will send you a link to.
Hi twr,

There is a difference between a lathe keyboard and mill one. The lathe will have UW and the mill will have Z 4th on the right end of the 2nd row. I'm struggling to think if I'd want a lathe one with nice buttons but labeled wrong. Damn. Sharpie-ing over the keys would always bug me, as would seeing W where Z should be. Think I have to pass if they have lathe only.

Hi i did not realize that. I just cancelled my mill one because i will not relabel it either. I found the correct one for a mill!!

Last edited:
Hi i did not realize that. I just cancelled my mill one because i will not relabel it either. I found the correct one for a mill!!
The lathe ones seem more predominent on ebay. Is the mill one you found on ebay and of the original flatter membranes style? I was thinking of asking Fanuc what they want.

Hi its the correct buttons as you pointed out thanks! Its the same with plastic buttons and red white blue and green. i sent you a pm with a link.

Hey all full keypad enthusiasts... just had to share the update. Followed twr's advice and links and bought my first ever thing direct from China. About $138.00 at my door in just 2 1/2 weeks. The graphics are perfect too. Not like a lot of the knockoff membranes were the lettering is fat and all around 2nd rate.

Forgot that they are real tactile keys. I thought they were the extended membrane type. My all white flat membrane keypad you sort of smushed the keys down. This thing you basically are tapping them.

About the hardest parts were getting all the glue off from the previous pad, and making sure to get the rubber backing membrane perfectly in place. Very happy about it all.

suoermax origkeys.jpgSupermax newkeys.JPGsuoermax new.jpg

Just finished this Remote Battery Box project on the 18MC Mori. Almost afraid to turn the machine back on. Batteries were becoming due, so no time like the present. :-)
Had to make a dummy battery to turn the 4 1/2 volts down to 3V for the control.

WYVO8399.JPG

The servo batteries were about 8-9 feet off the ground. Things are much safer now. Don't even have to open the door.

QBIG2243.JPG

This 2nd MPG Handle is next up for the Mori. (Operators Panel MPG is not easy to use or reach with.) Around 25-30 connections. Includes pendent unhooked interlock, pendent valid signaling, e-stop and then the normal MPG type Axis and Multiply connections. Luckily the machine has a 2nd handle as an option, so Ive been able to scrape up many of the connections in the manuals so far. Already see the need for a few pins to a few Honda connectors on the I/O board and Operators panel plugs. A good challenge for sure. About a hunsky and a half off ebay.

SMQD8477.JPG
IMG_1671.JPG

Hi keypad looks great!! I like the idea of moving the battery box if it was that high. Good luck with your hand wheel project I am sure you will get it sorted out.

Boy - I missed this thread the first time around. :o

I was wondering what it would take to upgrade my 0M recently, and then this thread popped up!

With this upgrade, I should be able to use ( ) to name programs and make notes as to what tools are and all that - right?

And then you can key in the whole bloody line before hitting INSERT?

In other words, it will act more like the 18's that I am otherwise working with?

----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back