What's new
What's new

FS: Brown and Sharpe No2 Light horizontal/vertical mill with arbor supports and vertical head

imported_eric_h

Aluminum
Asking 500 bucks for everything.

I have a Brown and Sharpe No2 Light mill for sale. Wife says it has to go so my loss is your gain. It has some broken handles and needs some clean up but when i bought it i made sure all the power feeds work in its 3 axis. It has the A and B arbor supports and it has a universal head. There are also several pieces of 30 taper camlock tool holders.

In full transparency the vertical head is disassembled as u will see in the pictures. I had taken it apart to replace bearings and do some general cleaning and thats when i noticed there were some gear alignment issues. All the pieces are there per the diagram but the shims(#3038 in diagram) that someone had put in there are incorrect and proper shims would need to be made and fitted. I have pictures of the gear teeth so u can see their condition. I also had purchased some of the main bearings that go in the mill head but they are not installed. My price for everything is 500 dollars which is def. less than what i have in the mill but i want it to go to a good home and I know there is some work with that mill head that needs to be done. I have the mill in a garage. I have a pallet jack so i could help load it into a drop deck trailer if that was used. Please let me know if u have any questions and if u need more pictures. I think i can only post 10 here but have several more of the head and other areas of the mill.

I am located about 26 miles north of Atlanta, GA.

thanks for looking.
6784380142 is the cell

Attachments

• File5.jpg
    File5.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 158
  • File4.jpg
    File4.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 148
  • File3_speeds.jpg
    File3_speeds.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 123
  • File2_Motor.jpg
    File2_Motor.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 121
  • File6.jpg
    File6.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 127
  • file8.jpg
    file8.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 121
  • file7.jpg
    file7.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 116
  • file7.jpg
    file7.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 114
  • file10.jpg
    file10.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 116
  • file9.jpg
    file9.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 155
Last edited:
For what it's worth, i think $500 is a fair price for a machine that would make a nice project for anyone so inclined to take it on. I'm guessing 4500 - 5000 lbs would bring $300 - $400 in scrap so not much risk in buying it if the project became too much. Also, I think the OP did a nice job of describing the current condition of the machine, known issues and relevant details regarding moving and loading. Might get more interest in the antique section where those of us that enjoy the restoration projects tend to lurk.

If you have the truck, trailer and time make a trip to Atlanta and pick that old gem up. They are a wonderful medium duty machine capable of a wide variety of work. Especially with the vertical head that can be set at about any angle. I have owned a similar one for 35+ years. They ain't afraid to take a cut. Mine ran today squaring 40 ends on some A-2. Cut many gears through the years. Nice range of speed and feeds too.
spaeth

Back