What's new
What's new

Maritool Live Tool Holders - For Miyano Lathes

Pete Deal

Titanium
Just a heads up post here....

I bought a Miyano Lathe earlier this year and now have a job where I need a radial live tool holder. The machine came with 2 axial holders but I don't have any radial holders. I messaged Frank Mari back and forth a little when I bought the machine, he has historically been a big Miyano guy based on reading some posts here. At the time I bought the machine he mentioned that he was getting some live tool holders made to sell. Fast forward to now, I got a few quotes from some other vendors and called Maritool. They're stocking them now. The prices beat most of the other quotes I got and I assume that Maritool uses these same holders in their machines so I trust that they'll be good. He doesn't have them on the web site yet so for now need to call and ask what they have. Mine was in stock.

I don't know if they have or intend to have holders for other machines so maybe Frank will chime in and elaborate. For me in this case it was a real blessing because not only was the holder cheaper but most other vendors don't seem to stock them and have a lead time.

IMG_4330.JPG

Thank you for your business Pete.

Currently I have X-live and Z live units for the Miyano BND S5 style machines. Also I have a variety of BMT45, 55, and 65 X live collet chucks and face mill holders. they will be live in the next few weeks. Also more in the works including some neat solutions not really in the market yet.
That is great news I'll be looking for them to go live. Any plans for the z live unit for BMT65 turrets?

Back