What's new
What's new

Mystery lathe - New Haven?

jim rozen

Diamond
Photos of a very large (12 foot bed, appx. 28 inch swing) lathe I saw recently. Photos have a lot of items obscuring the machine and it was in a tough spot to snap pictures. I believe the cast nameplate said "New Haven" but this might have been a dealer's plate. There were nearly 3 foot diameter faceplates and four jaw chucks underneath this thing. Details on the tailstock look a bit like Pond or Putnam but not *quite* right. Any guesses?

Shop also has a large tie-bar hendey (qc) and a slightly smaller pratt whitney change gear lathe.

Attachments

• NH_1.JPG
    NH_1.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 56
  • NH_2.JPG
    NH_2.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 56
  • NH_3.JPG
    NH_3.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 55
  • NH_4.JPG
    NH_4.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 55
Oddly this machine nor the manufacturer does not seem to be listed at Tony's site. This shop has a large number of machines like this that need to be gone in the near future. Tie bar hendey, and a pratt whitney engine lathe.

Oddly this machine nor the manufacturer does not seem to be listed at Tony's site. This shop has a large number of machines like this that need to be gone in the near future. Tie bar hendey, and a pratt whitney engine lathe.
Have they started advertising? Seem motivated to find good homes for it all or are they leaning more towards the scrap man? I assume it's up in your neck of the woods.

Vintage machinery site had actual photos of a very very similar NH lathe.

Attachments

• 15437-A.jpg
    15437-A.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 15437-C.jpg
    15437-C.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 15437-F.jpg
    15437-F.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 11

Back