What's new
What's new

Fanuc 30i - Cutter Comp in G19 Not Working

Hoppy

Cast Iron
I'm working on a custom built mill-turn machine that's equipped with a Fanuc 30i control. The axis of the milling head is along the X-axis of the lathe, so mill programming is in the G19 plane. I cannot get the control to respond to cutter comp. Regardless of what values I enter for tool radius (in either the Geometry or Wear registers), the machine follows the programmed path with no adjustment or deviation. The control acknowledges that G41 (or G42) is active, but the cutting path remains the same. Any ideas how to solve this?

Post the program.
Are you calling the tool by, say, T0101?
Try inserting the radius value with decimal point in the offset register.

I'm working on a custom built mill-turn machine that's equipped with a Fanuc 30i control. The axis of the milling head is along the X-axis of the lathe, so mill programming is in the G19 plane. I cannot get the control to respond to cutter comp. Regardless of what values I enter for tool radius (in either the Geometry or Wear registers), the machine follows the programmed path with no adjustment or deviation. The control acknowledges that G41 (or G42) is active, but the cutting path remains the same. Any ideas how to solve this?
Is the compensation activation line in G19 present in your program ?
G19
G43 H****X**.*** F***

Stefan
Cogito Ergo Sum

Back