What's new
What's new

The Haas that would not work---revisited $700,000 engine block project---Maybe not the Haas?

Sort of a long journey and the guy is committed to seeing the project succeed. Big hunk of aluminum--big investment--big risk.
In coming weeks and months things will speed up, become routine, and ROI (hopefully) follows.
After watching his backstory video, he has earned every milestone he achieves! It's really sad the journey was so expensive.

I just watched the steve morris video where he gets the big horizontal for the billet (at 750lb ea, I think that's a legit use of the term) engine blocks and they plan to work the cam tunnel and mains from both ends by spinning the platter.

Is that machine really up to the task of matching bore locations like that? Perhaps there's a probe sequence after the rotation?

I just watched the steve morris video where he gets the big horizontal for the billet (at 750lb ea, I think that's a legit use of the term) engine blocks and they plan to work the cam tunnel and mains from both ends by spinning the platter.

Is that machine really up to the task of matching bore locations like that? Perhaps there's a probe sequence after the rotation?
they will be line honing both cam and crank journals after the fact, so not THAT critical.

They drive em to break them. Then fix them and add more power and see if we can break it faster.

Check out Steve Morris Dyno blowing up recently. This guy does cool shit, hes no machinist but knows how to make HP.

Back